Every donation enables members of the Umduduzi Team to continue doing the vital work we do every day such as :
- Providing palliative care expertise to support the medical staff caring for very sick children in hospitals
- Ensuring the child’s pain and symptoms are well managed
- Discussing options and planning for the best possible care as the disease progresses and then provide the necessary support for their decisions
- Providing compassionate and medical support for families to care for children at home
- Providing holistic care for the child and family which includes social, emotional and spiritual counselling and support
- Keeping our two play programmes at King Dinuzulu and Prince Mshiyeni Hospitals running
The Umduduzi Team consists of a medical doctor qualified in paediatric palliative care, a medical social worker, a nurse, a counsellor/translator and two early childhood education/playgroup coordinators.
As a registered Public Benefit Organization, your donations are fully tax-deductible. Our SARS PBO number is 930046273. Should you require a Section 18A certificate, please email us on email@example.com to request one and it will be sent to you on receipt of your donation.
As all those who benefit from our work are from previously disadvantaged groups, the contribution also counts towards BEE accreditation.
There are a number of simple and immediate ways in which you can donate to Umduduzi. Please choose whichever suits you best from the list below.
A direct deposit into our banking account is always very welcome! This way of donating means that all your money is channelled directly to Umduduzi without 3rd parties taking a small percentage. And once you have our banking details set up on your electronic banking, it will be very easy for you to donate in future. We bank with First National Bank and money can be deposited from any country around the world.
Our Banking Details
Bank: First National Bank
Account Name: Umduduzi
Account Number: 62455793622
Branch Code: 250655
Swift Code: FIRNZAJJ
Zapper is another very simple way to donate to Umduduzi.
If you are reading this on your computer screen, pick up your phone, open the Zapper App and scan this code. You can add any amount to donate and are also able to donate the same amount every month if you check the appropriate box on the app. The Zapper app can be downloaded quickly and easily on any smartphone through iStore or Google Play.
Get Zapping now!
To be able to rely on a regular monthly stream of income, Umduduzi started the 100 Club based on the hope of getting 1000 people to commit to donating R100 each month.
You will receive regular updates and newsletters about our work at Umduduzi – Hospice Care for Children. As a registered Public Benefit Organization, your donations are fully tax-deductible.